Building Inspection FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
We do next-day inspections as standard and will phone the results through to you if required. To guarantee a reliable appointment we offer a choice of morning and afternoon inspection times. We may even be able to book you a time slot for today.
Yes. We travel all over Victoria inspecting homes. Even though our name indicates Melbourne. You can rest assure if you book an inspection today, our inspectors will be their the NEXT DAY
Prices start from $450 for an Pre-Purchase Building Inspection which includes a written report emailed to you the same day. We take photos of the internal areas, roof cavity and subfloor, with particular attention to any areas of concern.
- Internal Structural Inspection - Including all living areas, kitchen, bathrooms, ensuites, laundry, toilets, bedrooms, doors, windows, skirting boards, architraves, carpets, tiling, stairs and more.
- External Structural Inspection - Including walls, lintels, doors, windows, stairs, deckers, water heater regulator, garage rolla doors and more. Roof cavities - Including Roof framing structures, insulation and sarking
- Under floor space - Including Sub-Floor Timber framing structures, Piers, Stumps, Posts, Supports, Ventilation, Ant Caps, rising damp, dry rot, surface water.
- Roof exterior - Including tiles, metal roofing, gutters, eaves, valleys, downpipes, vents and flues and flashings
- Site - Including Outbuildings, fences, driveways, paths, steps, vehicle accommodation and surface drainage
$320 Timber Pest Inspection includes
- Inspect roof cavity and subfloor areas for evidence of wood decay from termites or wood borers
- Internal and external inspection including skirting boards, visible timber inside, and wood cladding and joins outside.
- Inspect any wooden fencing and trees surrounding the property for fertile termite nesting areas
For convenience and peace of mind, book both inspections together and Save. Prices for a combined Building & Pest Inspection start at $550.
We take credit and debit cards over the phone. We also accept Paypal payments and direct deposit. If preferred you can pay the inspector directly on the day. Contact Us now now and we’ll phone you back directly to arrange your inspection.
We are covered with $1 million full indemnity insurance and $5 million public liability insurance with Wallace Risk Solutions, specialist insurers for the home inspection and timber pest inspection industry.
We liaise directly with the real estate agent if needed to access the property, or the vendor if it’s a private sale.
If you've already committed to buying, most sale contracts will cover you if we discover ‘major structural defects’ in the property. We generally advise it's best to do an inspection on a property before you commit to buying.